[MLB-WIRELESS] Suggestions for Locfinder

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:22:21 EST 2003

Hi all,

I've had a couple of ideas that could be implemented in Locfinder, tell me
what you think...

First, the looming lock-down of GHO means that all links to it will be
restricted.  These restricted backbone links could be displayed in a
different colour such a red.  Also another class of link could be
introduced, a "test" link, which could be displayed in yellow.  This would
represent a link that has been proven to work but which is not live 24/7.
If people still want to view all the links in one colour maybe a view
setting could be added to allow this.

The other idea is to encourage people running nodes to set their SSIDs to
"nodexxx.wireless.org.au".  This could be achieved by pointing http requests
to nodexxx.wireless.org.au to that node's Locfinder entry or it's MW wiki
page.  This could be a user-configurable choice.

I've no idea how easy or difficult these suggestions are to implement, I
just think they're cool. :)

Dan

http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=174&referral=Hotmail_taglines_plain&URL=http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp