[MLB-WIRELESS] linux ap's

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Fri Jul 4 11:27:19 EST 2003

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Stygen wrote:

> I have just finished setting up my new wireless gateway and hostap box.
> It uses the senao/veritech 200mW card for hostap and a Cabletron
> Roamabout in client mode.  Apart from the requirement of symbolic links
> where the hostap makefile was somewhat lacking, it was fairly easy to
> setup on RedHat 9 .

Funny you mention the combo ...

Where are these damn via edens with the onboard CF + PCMCIA slots? As far
as I can tell from paper, these look like they will be a pretty good deal
for this sort of application.

You will be able to have an AP and a client card in them (they have one
pci slot) and probably just run linux off a CF card. That should be oodles
for one of these wlan-optimised distros. You could even get some routing &
encryption sw into them so that you can handle all those sort of decisions
up the pole, or in your roof!

Cya,

Jamie