[MLB-WIRELESS] USB wireless adaptor for PC and Mac - suggestions sough

Troy Mitchell troy.mitchell at mcsproperty.com.au
Tue Jul 1 16:59:55 EST 2003

I have both belkin and atmel USB devices, and while I never use Mac's (what is that anyway?!) this guy does:
http://www.mcquitty.net/Thomas/projects/USBWirelessOSX.html and it looks promising.

The atmel unit is very small, the size of a credit card and about 9mm thick. I got it from Officeworks but availability varies from store to store. The atmel has a single non-removeable antenna, the belkin has 2.
Both units are easy to mod for an external antenna connector, both use lmr100 like co-ax (as per pigtail) internally to connect the internal antenna(s) to the board. The belkin even has a diversity switch.

.troy