[MLB-WIRELESS] Helical Antennas & Interferance & Corkscrews

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Tue Jul 1 10:41:19 EST 2003

Can anyone enlighten me as to their experiences with Helical antennas and
their performance with regards to interferance.
http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/helix/

As I understand it, they have a circular polarisation like a corkscrew
effect.  Does this allow it to pickup more interference as I'm guessing it
would pickup horizontal and vertical....and everything in between?

I'm trying to establish whether these would be a better option for inner
city links where there is a high 2.4Ghz noise floor.  Particularly around a
certain very tall structure I mentioned yesterday. *cough*