[MLB-WIRELESS] Cisco Aironet Cards

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Thu Jan 23 12:21:52 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 11:29:17AM +1000, darrend at ndpgroup.com.au wrote:
> >         Subject:        Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Cisco Aironet Cards
> >
> > Seeing as the currently the Australian dollar is so strong against the US
> > dollar I did a search and found I could get the WLS-PCI352 card for
> > $339AUS+post/handling. It's a pity we can't have reasonable prices here as
>
> Guys, a cheaper option may be to go with the AIR-LMC350 which has dual
> mmcx connectors.
> I'm sure HT has them for just under $300. see
> http://www.ht.com.au/Scripts/xworks.exe?PART:E5158#Tof   Just add cradle
> :)

yes, but they're PCMCIA.  add $80 - $100 for a cradle and there's not
much difference.  in fact, it's more than the $339 import price.

the aussie dollar is very strong at the moment, makes it worth importing
stuff directly :)

craig

ps: i really wish people on this list would stop top-posting.  it makes
it very difficult to read a thread when the quoted stuff is in the wrong
order.  replies go below or interleaved with quoted material, not above.
i know that outlook etc put the cursor at the top of the message ready
to start typing, but it's really not that hard to click the mouse to
move to the bottom of the message....nor is it difficult to trim the
quoted material down to the bare minimum required to preserve context.
certainly a lot less work than what i had to do on this message to put
it in the right order.

i'm not trying to pick on you or single you out (lots of people on this
list do it for some unknown reason - maybe because they don't know any
better)...it's just that top posting is a really difficult and
impractical reply format on lists.

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.