[MLB-WIRELESS] WinXP and 60sec disconnect

Ash Nallawalla ash at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jan 18 10:41:11 EST 2003

> From: Ryan Abbenhuys

> I can't recall the reason for this problem in WinXP and what
> the solution was. Can anyone help me out?  A friend has the
> same problem.

In case this is about a 60 second default timeout while waiting to
authenticate, the setting is hidden here:

Control Panel > Phone & Modem Options > Modem tab > Properties >
Advanced tab > Change Default Preferences > Cancel the call if not
connected within 120 seconds.

It might be easier to find the line in the registry and export it as a
.reg file.

(If the question was about something else, I don't know)

- Ash