[MLB-WIRELESS] [Fwd: D-Link DWL-900AP+ Security Hole]

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Sat Jan 18 02:35:56 EST 2003

Hi,

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Rowan Crowe wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Andrew Griffiths wrote:
> >
> > Lotta people seem to be using these, so it may be of interest to those,
> > funnily enough. Or those that want te be mischevious. (or however you
> > spell it.)
>
> Hmm... it's not clear from this text, or other discussion on this
> issue whether it's possible to indiscriminately flash a 900AP+ *via
> wireless*
>
> Can someone passing by fubar my AP, or does it only work via ether?

I have done some testing flashing it over wireless. It will work, but it
does increase the chance of failure (I had a few lockup's before doing
it over ethernet later).

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----