[MLB-WIRELESS] cheap inverter

James Robertson orlock at central.warehouse.net
Fri Jan 17 12:10:00 EST 2003

Personally, i got a cjheapish invertor from jaycar, i dont recall the
power rating, but the new Motormate ones are better price/power.

I plug a powerboard into this, then i can use it for the laptop, charging
mobile phones, cd/mp3 player, etc. All relativly low draw devices though.

I even went to the extent of unbolting one of my vans inside panels, and
mounting a 240V wall point on it, and fastening the invertor to the inner
side of the panel, and mounting a switch on the dash to turn it on/off.

James