[MLB-WIRELESS] Austnet Screwup...

Simon Butcher pickle at alien.net.au
Wed Jan 15 21:20:51 EST 2003

> >   It has been noted in the athome. newsgroups that 210. (which I am
> > on)
> > and I think 1 other is being blocked, would anyone know
> why??  cause its
> > very annoying and is causing quite a stir at the moment (me
> personally
> > emailing and calling optusnet).
>
> I sent them "Please explain" ;)

I'm in this boat too.

FYI:
[17:01:51] -RogerY- !Global Notice! We've had to add some temporary
-wide- bans to swiftly curb the attack on Austnet. Please apologize on
our behalf to clients you know that are affected. We anticipate we can
lift the bans within the next 30 minutes or so.

Which then became "in an hour"..

.. Which then became "in a couple of hours"..

See, unlike other networks, AustNet opers don't bother to spend time on
anything other than generating wallops messages.

This is probably related to the DALnet refugees who have arrived
recently at AustNet's shores, bringing with them all the wonders that
come hand in hand with DALnet..

Hey, at least they unbanned *!*@*net*au a while ago :)

 - Simon