[MLB-WIRELESS] Interstate meshing

Toliman toliman at ihug.com.au
Wed Jan 15 17:35:44 EST 2003

At 05:12 PM 15/01/2003, you wrote:
>Eh?  What mentality was that?
>
>Is your dislike of Perth based on jeuvenile jealousy? Or is it somewhat
>founded by basing your opinion of a population on that of a few people
>in Perth.  We would not think much of a population if we were to judge
>them by your comments.

Steven Haigh's attitude is not seriously at the point where we have to
clear up misgivings and bad blood between our fellow group members, like we
had to do with sydney... well, just EB really.

>   If you can suggest a free medium I will set the tunnel up myself.

indeed.

>So was the 'mentality' you didn't like realism or common sense?
>
>-Stygen

no, i too think Steven Haigh's completely nuts. but nuts in a good way....

i.e. if he can harass any ISP to offer a small portion of it's ~$450,000 a
month internet link from WA to VIC for a nominal monthly fee, then he's
welcome to try and secure it for the philanthropic purpose of lining our
great nation with Intranet bandwidth freeloaders.

so... when Steven tried to convince the Perth ppl that his idea was ....
grounded in reality, they disagreed.

we've always known that Steven has some fantastic ideas ... some of which
actually have worked in our collective favour. i can't think of any right
now, but im sure someone will remember.

Toliman.