[MLB-WIRELESS] Wot, no more SOAP?

Grant McHerron grant at taoceti.com.au
Wed Jan 15 12:43:02 EST 2003

Could you guys please hold back on all that junk about wireless links,
antennas, cards, etc - it's getting in the way of this wonderful on-line,
fully public bash - I mean, I was *really* getting annoyed at having to go
through all that wireless stuff just to get to the next installment of the
"My ego is bigger than yours and if I keep answering you in public, I'll
surely get to score a girl one day" session...

Oh well, now it's gone, I guess I'll have to go back to
Donahue/Ricky/Whatever for my next fix of loser-bash...

Just when I thought I could finally get rid of my TV, too... <mope mope>

:)

On the obWireless note - glad the drama's over - I for one would much
rather try to figure how to link the various sites around Melbourne into a
real mesh than try to go for MLB<->Geelong, let alone MLB<->SYD. My goal is
to be working on the beach/cafe in Elwood/St Kilda with full 'net
connectivity (and a screen shade for those days when we actually do get
some sun :)

Actually, right now, I'd settle for a few spare $$$ so I can finally buy an
AP and hook it into one of my "spare" linux boxes for use around home - I
can't even afford that right now so any thoughts of an antenna and meshing
are right out :(

Cheers,

Grant

Grant McHerron
Tao Ceti Pty Ltd

Level 1, 530 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Ph: +61 3 9909 7067             Fax: +61 3 9228 3257
http://www.taoceti.com.au       grant at taoceti.com.au