[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: [Syd-Wireless] World's Longest Wi-Fi Connection Made by The Swedish Space Corporation

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Wed Jan 15 10:53:27 EST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, rik wrote:

> well what about the power company, thoughs things are like 30meters
> tall. if we put repeaters every 6 towers we could reach sydney
> couldnt we?

Sure, but who's going to pay for the AP's, who is going to break them
once they fail, who is going to pay for the tower space and power, who
is going to ensure that there is QoS on the link to ensure that the link
quality is reasonable.

I am sure there will be a few volenteers, and if managed correctly, the
bandwidth pipe would be usable, but it wouldn't be cheap.

It's not impossible, but somewhat unlikely right now.

Mind you, if anyone wants to help draw up a 3 year plan, I am happy to
be involved. There are plenty of government grants and exemptions, and a
few scams here and there to be made (for tower/hill space, etc).

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----