[MLB-WIRELESS] RFEI: Hills 25dBi antennae

Simon Butcher pickle at alien.net.au
Tue Jan 14 16:24:23 EST 2003

Hi all,

Fenn, it depends on the interest. Between the two antennas, the Hills
looks slightly more wind and corrosion resistant, and has a much more
even radiation pattern. The only other difference is that the Hills is
25.8 dBi, 10 watts maximum, and the HyperGain is 24.38 dBi, 50 watts
maximum.

IMHO the Hills looks like a better quality antenna (you really do get
what you pay for after all), and I'm keen on supporting an Australian
company. Every piece of Hills equipment I've had refuses to die! Having
said that, though, the cost of these things is certainly one thing I'm
taking into consideration - Looking in my wallet, any cost reduction is
a good thing.

The shipping cost of a larger quantity may outweigh the price reduction
from Hills, depending on any cheaper shipping cost possible (Thanks Matt
and Ciaran). While I'm a little more inclined to go with Hills for a
couple of bucks extra, I'm still happy to go with either option. It
really does depend on how many units are requested.

I will contact Hills now to see what kind of bulk discount price they
can manage. I'll get back to you with their reply (which may be
tomorrow, looking at the time)..

Cheers, thanks for your input guys :)

 - Simon