[MLB-WIRELESS] D-Link DWL 900+ Firmware

Michael_Florence at dlink.com.au Michael_Florence at dlink.com.au
Mon Jan 13 15:08:02 EST 2003

 I will follow up on these issues, thanks for the feedback.

-Michael

ps: one thing that really annoys me about the firmware upgrade is the
fact that it completely resets the dlink's configuration.  everything is
reset to default, including IP address.  this is broken, and can lead to
an unreachable dlink AP if, e.g., you have the dlink on a non-default IP
address (say 10.10.48.114) and you are unable to change/add IP addresses
to the router that the AP is connected to.

the same thing happened when i upgraded to 2.3 a while back.

another serious flaw with the dlink AP is the extensive use of
javascript for submit buttons etc. this make it impossible to configure
with a text-mode browser like lynx.  bad idea.  stupid, in fact.  what's
wrong with standard buttons?