[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Filter

Drew drew at wireless.org.au
Fri Jan 10 18:40:48 EST 2003

from the telex faq:

Can I use 2 radios with one antenna?
A: The simple answer is NO. If you plan to use amplifiers, then there is
absolutely no way to do this without causing major problems and greatly
reducing the throughput. The amplifier switches from receive to transmit
upon detection of the transmit carrier from one radio.  The two radios
would have to be synchronized, both transmitting and receiving at the
same time.  Without an amplifier, it might be possible if DSSS channels
1 & 11 were used along with a high-isolation splitter, a low VSWR
antenna and low ( less than 30 mW) transmit power levels.

Drew