[MLB-WIRELESS] firestations and conifer antennas.

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at igreen.net
Thu Jan 2 14:12:49 EST 2003

.....oh you mean one of these?
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~sneeze/pics/antenna.jpg
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~sneeze/wireless/antenna-mast/SVI_0001.JPG

:-p

We broadcast a tv station called FireVision from the top of 121 Collins.
About 1kw output.
Don't know the exact frequency but it's in the high 2.3ghz licensed range.
Most of the stations have one of those 24dB Pacific Satellite brand
antenna's (gold coloured) and a VHF downconverter.

They are indeed suitable for wireless 802.11 use, we actually use a few of
them for some 802.11 FHSS links.
.....and quite a few have fallen into my possession....*cough*