[MLB-WIRELESS] firestations and conifer antennas.

Ben Holko Ben.Holko at GlobalCenter.net.au
Thu Jan 2 13:45:18 EST 2003

probalby for paytv - it can get pretty boring waiting around for fires :)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
[mailto:owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au]On Behalf Of paul van den
bergen
Sent: Thursday, 2 January 2003 1:35 PM
To: melbwireless
Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] firestations and conifer antennas.

Hi all,

has anyone else noticed that when catching the train or similarly out and
about, one spends a lot of time looking at peoples rooves (roofs?) for
confer
(galaxy) antennas?  OK ok, dangerous while driveing, I know, but recently I
noticed several fire stations I have passed have these antennas.

2 questions spring to mind.

1) what are they using them for?
2) what is the frequency range/response of these antennas?  anyone have a
link
to this information even... (I supose I could google it, if I wasn't so
lazy... er. busy! yes, I meant busy... (*sheesh*)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?