[MLB-WIRELESS] Dandenong Foothills?

Alfred Shippen wireless at shippen.net
Wed Jan 1 20:24:45 EST 2003

Hi Ryan

> regional mailing list.

OK, done this and signed up.

> Do you have any wireless hardware yet?

No not yet, I am looking at some of the D-Link 22Mb cards with an interested
eye. What do you think?

> I have an access point up 24/7 in Wantirna but the signal should be going
> right out over a lot of Rowville, just depends where you are in rowville.

Probably would be OK. I am halfway down a hill, but I am line of sight to
Glen waverly (Who isnt!), Ringwood etc. Wantirna is in there somewhere.
> Can you give me your Melways reference?

Yep. It is Map 82, A1

I have been subscribing and watching this list for a good 12 mnths now and I
have decided it is worth while doing something now. I have reasonable tech
skills, know Linux well, am an ex Radio Tradesman (although I have forgotten
most of it!).