[MLB-WIRELESS] Colorbond/roof insulation interference.

Matt matthew.c.boyd at uts.edu.au
Wed Feb 19 08:40:36 EST 2003

On the roofspace/colourbond topic....

if your willing (or able or allowed) to remove a sheet or two or colourbond
then you could try replacing it with one of the fibreglass/plasticky type
of roofing materials. Similar to the skylight option. As long as you do it
away from any flashing or caps in the same position that the bit you
removed was in then you should be fine (I've done this for a skylight on a
pergola, so don't shoot me if I'm missing something). Sheets of this stuff
come in standard sizes and its probably easier to do with the older style
corrigated roofs.

At the least you might be able to find something thats less rf
resistant(??) than metal. You'd have to experiment (I like the one with
putting bits of plastic into the microwave) to get the best material and
with any luck the best stuff wouldn't be bright pink.

Matt