[MLB-WIRELESS] Cat 5 Problem

Jason Brice Jason.Brice at kiandra.com
Tue Feb 18 16:06:52 EST 2003

You're making crossover cables there, chief ;) or at least one end of them...

Not that it makes much difference, but most cables will subscribe to the 568A standard with the green and orange pairs reversed (from the perspective of your diagram)

hehe, you're just shy of autonegotiate after that shitty HP switch gave us hell at Kiandra.

Autonegotiate is absolutely essential for large networks at the access layer (mobile clients, laptops, visitors, etc.) but I agree that in the core you need to know whets going on between routers/servers/switches/trunks etc. you want to set your speed and duplex manually.

hows it going anyway Ben?

jason brice
senior network engineer
kiandra system solutions
level 9, 455 bourke st melbourne vic 3000
(t) +61 3 9600 1639
(f) +61 3 9600 1656