[MLB-WIRELESS] Pigtails and antennae

Cameron McCormack clm at csse.monash.edu.au
Mon Feb 17 00:28:08 EST 2003

After having ordered the wrong pigtails for my cards, I'm trying to pay
the least amount of money to get my wireless going.

The cards I have are Netgate NL2511s[1], which have MMCX connectors on
them.  (The reason I chose these Netgate cards in the first place, over
some easier to get cards, was that they seem to have a high power
output, are Prism firmware based (so I can use HostAP) and had external
antenna connectors.  The disadvantage with these is that they have no
internal antenna at all. :))

The pigtails I have are D-Link ANT24-JCs, which are MC to RP-SMA male.

The antennae I have are D-Link DWL-50ATs, which have RP-SMA female
connectors.

At this stage, I just want to use these small antennae for some indoor
networking.  Eventually, however, I'll be wanting to connect larger,
outdoor antennae to these cards (which seem to come with N connectors).

So what I'd like at this stage is some MMCX to RP-SMA male connectors.
I can't find any of these on the web though.  Does anyone know where I
could get a couple?

The alternative is to get MMCX to N male pigtails (which I can get from
Netgate) and then get adaptors from N female to RP-SMA male.  I found
these[2] which claim to be "SMA Male - N Female" -- are these
inappropriate, given they are SMA and not RP-SMA?  If so, where could I
get the right kind of adaptors?

Thanks,

Cameron

[1] http://www.netgate.com/NL2511.html