[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: Internet Sharing

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Sun Feb 16 18:38:39 EST 2003

Donovan Baarda wrote:
	[..]
> All you need is a document saying "we promise nothing",

... and we'd find ourselves discussing a scenario that is rather
different to the speculation of my original email, viz. that any
offering of IP QoS has, to be meaningful in any sense of the word, promise
something. i'd be interested in getting the ACA to clarify how it
would intend to interpret such a situation.

(take a trivial example: I offer free 802.11 access to my cable modem,
i use some new-fangled AP with DiffServ or 802 priority queuing capabilities,
and promise one neighbor s/he'll get 80% of my cablemodem's link capacity
[using some mutually agreed definition of 'capacity']. now there's a promise
with regard to the over-the-air part of the link. i'm curious if anyone
has posed this sort of situation to the ACA to get a clear answer...)

cheers,
gja
--
Grenville Armitage