[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: Internet Sharing

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Sun Feb 16 01:37:01 EST 2003

>ok useing this information, lets say a network said that they wouldnt let
you connect unless you paid a 50$ per year >membership fee, would that
wireless network need a carrier licence?

My guess is yes... ie there is a fee charged for access to a network with
internet, I imagine the ACA would deem this to be commercial.
Thats why if there is any doubt, the ACA are the only ones who can give
the right advice for a particular situation. Unless you can get a
ministerial exemption!

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au
http://www.wireless.org.au

"rik" <mibz at optushome.com.au>
Sent by: owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
16/02/2003 12:01 AM

        To:     <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: Internet Sharing

ok useing this information, lets say a network said that they wouldnt let
you connect unless you paid a 50$ per year membership fee, would that
wireless network need a carrier licence?

rik