[MLB-WIRELESS] Structure & Bandwith

Jason Xuereb jxuereb at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 13 11:31:59 EST 2003

Hey everyone,

I am new to Melbourne Wireless.

http://members.optushome.com.au/jxuereb/map.gif

This is a map of what we want to hook up.

The 635m link there is a tafe building between them. This is approximately
14metres high. There are a few trees nothing major probally direct it
between two of them.

The 400m link isn't a problem.

Also we are going to build helical antennas for these links. How do you aim
the antennas so they are aligned?

Is it necesarry to be perfect in terms of direction and angles?

Also if we were to add two more AP's How should we link them? At the moment
the point in the middle of the map looks like the safest bet in terms of LOS
to link more people within our suburb. Plus he is going to mount a 10 metre
mast for the antennas in his shed so it won't worry him that much.

Cheers
Jason