[MLB-WIRELESS] managing the DLink900AP from a real OS.

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Feb 12 23:01:24 EST 2003

There seems to be a number of alternatives to the crappy little windows
application to manage the DLink 900 AP (in particular, I found that the
windows snmp application crapped out when I tried to lock down MAC
addresses. It's also now decided that it can't see the DLink hub at all
any more.)

I found wap11gui.sourceforge.net, but it doesn't support setting the
MAC addresses. Are there other applications out there?

According to the wap11gui.sf.net website, the SNMP implementation in
the DLink is "a wee bit unorthodox", so a standard SNMP client doesn't
seem to work. I haven't found documentation on exactly how it's
"unorthodox" - anyone have pointers?

Anthony