[MLB-WIRELESS] Zebra/OSPF on hardware APs

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Sun Feb 9 10:24:29 EST 2003

Folks,

I'm also looking at this (to run an AP as an adhoc bridge).  I've got a SMC
2632W - all the models that will run linux are obsolete.

There APs can barely run linux though, I doubt they would have the guts to
run zebra (14 bogomips I think).  There is barely enough flash (1M?) for a
kernel and a few config programs.  The also have only 8M  of RAM.

To convert them to linux requires a very expensive PCMCIA flash/sram card
(~$US65, plus shipping).  I'm working on a PCB to allow normal plcc flash
chips to be used.  I'm also working on upgrading the memory since the PCB
has room for a further 8M of DRAM.

http://opensource.instant802.com/

http://www.google.com/search?q=openap

Cheers,