[MLB-WIRELESS] ssid naming conventions

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Feb 6 17:41:15 EST 2003

> I would have thought that having an SSID of "wireless.org.au" is
> sufficient, since there is a seperate field called "Name" in
> which you
> can put "NodeABC" or whatever you want.  Isn't that what the
> name field
> is for?

Also, unless I'm going crazy, if you're using ad-hoc and are spanning
multiple nodes (in a 'mesh' style), isn't it necessary to have the same
SSID.

Differentiation for point-to-point links can be done by channel (or ssid
if necessary), but it can cause it to be impossible to link if we all
have our own SSIDs.

	Fenn.

Someone please flame me if I'm grossly wrong ;)