[MLB-WIRELESS] possible bulk buys

Simon Butcher pickle at alien.net.au
Mon Feb 3 23:40:28 EST 2003

Hello :)

Without much knowledge of PoE (and as the risk of procuring myself a
fresh batch of Flame(tm)), does this actually conform to the PoE
specification (if one exists), or is it simply 12VDC running over unused
pairs?

Which brings me to another question, why don't companies like d-link
include support for PoE directly? I once worked with a 48 port PoE
supply which supplied power for VoIP telephones and nifty little
four-port switches which fit in the same spot as a power point (3com
make them, IIRC). I know there are AP's which already have PoE
capabilities, but I don't understand why it is not more common?

Cheers,

 - Simon