[MLB-WIRELESS] External AP box?

Peter Long peterlong at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:00:33 EST 2003

I have a SVEC in a Chinese takeaway container up a 15
foot pole.  With power supplied via 10 metres of Cat 5
cable and using an 8db omni, it works very well.  Been
up 6 months and the only thing I notice is that its

1. Not very waterproof but water collects at the
bottom of the container away from the AP.

2. The casing has discoloured due to sun exposure.

I'd suggest getting a proper waterproof container from
Dick Smith and place the SVEC in that.  They have a
number of different sizes.

See ya....

Peter

http://photos.yahoo.com/