[MLB-WIRELESS] Downtime - New Site Going Live

James Healy treasurer at wireless.org.au
Fri Dec 12 04:06:14 EST 2003

The new site is now live @ http://melbourne.wireless.org.au; some more
information about the new site can be found at
http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/news?id=10

Just to make it totally clear...

The new site supports logins. They're aren't required to use the site,
however if you wish to perform tasks such as registering a node or
editing a wiki page, you will need to be logged in.

If you had 1 or more nodes on the old site, they have all been migrated
over to the new site automatically. Once you have created an account for
yourself, you will be able to attach the node to it using it's original
password from the old site.

The site is also hooked into the committee's new online membership
database. If you are (or were) a member of Melbourne Wireless, contact
the secretary once you have created yourself an account on the website,
and he will be able to link your account to your membership, allowing
you to view your current membership status.

There are still things on our todo list, but we felt that there probably
always will be as the site is in constant development. Please bear with
us over the next few days in particular as the new site gets a
shakedown. Please provide any feedback or suggestions to Tyson
(tyson at wireless.org.au) or myself (treasurer at wireless.org.au)

regards

James Healy
Treasurer