[MLB-WIRELESS] Out with the hobbyists, in with the dancing elephants

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 8 23:00:40 EST 2003

Both I think Bazza.

 Good as it is what we are trying to achive in one way or another. Wireless
for the masses everywhere.

 But also bad because it means if they succeed then we are pointless, and
also bad as if they can roll out enough of this gear for a non-free service,
then we are stuck with channel shortages and more and more noise. Bad as big
business will control it, not the community. Should we embrace or reject it.
Should we help roll this stuff out? Can I get a job out of it?

 I wonder if such plans will be made unworkable due to noise or lack of
channels. I also wonder how long it will take for a business to take some
home user to court to get them to stop using the channel that the business
wants to use as it is stopping the business from working. A long shit, and
hopefully domed to fail, but who knows.

Regards,
g at z.