[MLB-WIRELESS] New RG stuff in the Wiki

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:04:36 EST 2003

Those who know more about Locfinder's innards and the map data will be able
to say what the contour interval is, I'm just playing with the interface.

With the RG maps in most cases I've decided to set the relevant "area_nodes"
layer.  In RGCentral's case it shows all those nodes that have set their
OPSF region to 1 (Central). Vak is in a different region so he doesn't
display.  I've decided to not use the "area_links" layer as it doesn't show
links in other regions - I've used the plain old "links" layer which shows
all links.  I thought it'd be interesting for people to see what link
activity is going on in other regions but not necessarily nodes from those
regions.  If you want nodes from other regions to display, edit the wiki (or
just the map URL in your address bar) and add "&layer=operational" and/or
"&layer=testing" or whatever to the end of the map URL.  If you don't want
RGCentral's "pissy" :) nodes to display, remove "&layer=area_nodes_1".  As
far as I know there's no layer like "area_nodes_1_operational".

Does anyone know enough about java or cgi scripting to make a nice front end
to LocFinder's map system so we can play with these options and layers a bit
more?  I'm not sure if I know all the layer and map options that exist for
it either.

Dan

>This is brilliant Dan - Bravo - I can finally see the whole RGCentral area
>at a reasonable size !
>
>Some questions:
>
>1. What is the contour interval.
>
>2. Is it possible to control which nodes get labelled - ie Vakmaninoff's
>node (not in Central) can be clearly seen with heaps of links but isn't
>labelled - while plenty of pissy-nodes are.

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Click here