[MLB-WIRELESS] ...the morning after.

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Thu Dec 4 08:40:01 EST 2003

We'll it would appear that you were one of the VERY lucky lilydale people.

I spent most of yesterday trying to ring insurance companies for both the
house and both cars.

I got to the station to see quite a few people standing around their cars
in shock. Quite a few had broken windows.
At last report atleast 1000 cars are severe hail damage. According to AAMI
we were about the 400th to log a call with them for damaged cars in
lilydale.
Most of the car dealerships got hit pretty bad
(mitsubishi,ford,holden,subaru,toyota). Anyone for a cheap wrx?

The hail went right through anything not made of metal/brick on my house.
Skylights/laserlite, roof mounted airconditioner were damaged. No flooding
damage tho, everything was pretty dry by the time I got home.
My back verandah roof looks like swiss cheese. It also took out about 50%
of the christmas lights on the ground plus destroyed all lights that were
on the roof.

I have some video of the hail from a neighbour who was home if anyone wants
it. Might take a day or so for me to get it though.

Lucas

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           dicko8 at tpg.com.au      |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           owner-melbwireless at wire|
|         |           less.org.au            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           03/12/2003 12:12 PM    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |        To:      melbwireless at wireless.org.au                                                                       |
  |        cc:                                                                                                         |
  |        Subject: RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] ...the morning after.                                                           |

Bad weather? where? - I WAS AT THE BEACH!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

30 odd degrees, blue skys, awesome waves and no rain anywhere!

I live right near lilydale (apparentlyu the worst hit), and nothing
happened at my house... well -
it was stioll there when i got home :D