[MLB-WIRELESS] Wifi goes to the race track

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 20 13:01:16 EST 2003

I'm not so sure using 802.11 based equipment would be best off...

Are these AP's going to be secured? What's to stop people from bringing
their laptop along and really hacking the cars systems to get video for
themselves, and slowing everything down for 'official' use?

There are already systems like this in existence that use a radio link and
video camera - for example the systems that the TV stations use - that is a
lot better quality than anything along the lines of 802.11 is...
Re-inventing the wheel?

Analog solutions are already in place, with everything that this new system
offers - and with aparently a $10,000 price tag, it seems very expensive -
even for the equipment used...

Signed,
Steven Haigh
http://wireless.org.au
(Visit https://wireless.org.au to install our Root Certificate.)

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.