[MLB-WIRELESS] Pocket Wi-Fi sniffers end missing hotspot misery

Barry Park bpark at theage.fairfax.com.au
Mon Aug 18 21:39:47 EST 2003

Spotted at The Reg. The day I see this listed in the TIB is the day I
eat my Melbwireless membership card. Not that that is an invitation for
someone to list this on the TIB.
- Barry

Pocket Wi-Fi sniffers end missing hotspot misery
By Jan Libbenga <mailto:libbenga at yahoo.com>

Road warriors know the frustration: you're in a foreign city and want to
find a Wi-Fi access point. Normally that means looking on the Internet
for site directories that can tell you where the nearest hotspots are
located, such as WiFinder <http://www.wifinder.com> or WiFiMaps
<http://www.wifimaps.com>. Most of the time, it's trial and error.

Now, there is a much easier solution. US peripherals maker Kensington
has introduced worlds first: a detector that will locate Wi-Fi networks.
No more booting up your notebook to find a Wi-Fi signal.

More at http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/32374.html

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail, or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.