[MLB-WIRELESS] AP setup!

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:39:33 EST 2003

Hi Brandon

The best waterproof glue is silicon sealant - the stuff you'd use on your
gutters or bathroom.  You can make waterproof seals with it by smearing it
liberally over any places where water could get in.  When you want to open
the box again you can just rip the lid off - the silicon will just tear
apart.  When you want to re-seal the box you scrape off as much of the old
silicon as you can and re-silicon it.

Apparently there is a variety of silicon that can corrode metal, so get the
non-corrosive type.

There are some plastic weather-resistant enclosures available from places
like Ideal Electronics, AWM, Middendorps or Rexel.  And of course Jaycar,
Radio Parts and Dick Smith sell their diecast jiffy boxes.

Dan