[MLB-WIRELESS] AP setup!

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Aug 13 14:14:03 EST 2003

> i have one of those svec's anybody sucessfully waterproof
> one? any ideas?

Put it in a waterproof box and seal it well.  A friend of mine, who spends a
lot of time up towers suggested a good way to test that it's been adequately
weatherproofed is to sit the box in a bath full of water (preferably with a
brick on top so it doesn't float to the top).  If the box remains dry
inside, it's weatherproof enough.

The reason for this step is because water has a way of finding its way into
any opening when the weather gets a bit extreme.

> Im sure there is an obvious answer to my last question but is
> there any reason
> i shouldn't be mounting the antenna on the TV antenna pole?
> interference to
> either?

Nah, should be fine.  I can't see any reason for concern here.