[MLB-WIRELESS] Whats Faster ??

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Tue Aug 12 17:37:29 EST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Matt Pearce wrote:

> I am wondering what is faster for transfering data. ie. Out of
> Wireless (2.4Ghz), Copper (Cat5e etc) and Fibre Optic, which signal
> travels the fastest from point A to point B ??

As you've listed, it goes:

Wireless - 104 Mbit RAW, around 50% of that real
CAT-5e - 100 Mbit or 1000 Mbit depending on cable lengh and equipment
Fibre - Depending on technology used, I guess Terabit fibre isn't out of
the question.

I am not really sure of the fastest speed of fibre is currently, but
it's safe to assume it's "fast" .. :)

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----