[MLB-WIRELESS] USB GPS receivers - Any good?

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 11 13:04:50 EST 2003

Howdy,

 I was looking to get a GPS unit to enable me to do some stuffing around
with net stumbler. The idea being to plot some coverage maps of the local
area.

 I have zero experience with connecting a GPS to a laptop. Has anyone tried
the cheap USB units? Are they compatible with Netstumbler? Or am I better
using a standalone unit with a data cable to the PC?

 This is something like what i'm looking at getting:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039172824&category=46
68

 Any comments?

Regards,