[MLB-WIRELESS] SVEC FD1811 (aka WLAP) Firmware

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:52:17 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have a SVEC FD1811 AP which is rather sick since I flashed it with Linksys firmware.  So to try to nurse it back to health I've been trying to find any firmware which will make it work again.  I've noticed that the SVEC FD1811 has many twin (ie rebadged) brothers sold by different suppliers.  But none of them offer a firmware download.  The SVEC AP, like many other APs out there (including the Linsys WAP11 v1) uses the Atmel AT76c510 chipset.  Today I think I found an important difference between the SVEC and most other 510-based APs.

I found this site:

http://www.toptrend.com.tw/Technical%20support%20for%20WLAN-1.htm

As far as I can tell, Toptrend write the firmware for the Atmel 510-based APs.  Most of them have Intersil radio chipsets in them.  I guessed this by looking at the firmware version number on the page above.  But the SVEC FD1811 (and I assume, all of the rebadged SOHO-WLAPs out there) use RFMD radio chipsets.  The version number of the firmware listed on Toptrend's site is the same as what is in my other, still working SVEC AP: V0.0.1.16

So can anyone suggest how I might get a hold of this firmware?  It isn't available for download anywhere.  SVEC won't send it out.  I'm goint to email Toptrend and see if they'll send it to me.  Jamie Moir and I have tried to extract the good firmware out of a working SVEC AP using TFTP but with no success. That's not to say it isn't possible though.  Is anyone willing to devote a bit of time to tinker with my malfunctioning AP?

Dan