[MLB-WIRELESS] cable puzzles - can anyone explain?

Joe Hovel joe.hovel at med.monash.edu.au
Mon Apr 28 00:31:47 EST 2003

Anyone have any answers for our little antenna puzzle here?
We are finding that we can't use any length of cable (LM400) over a meter or
so to connect our antennas to access points! We can connect CLIENTS
(wireless cards or APs in client mode) with 8m cable without any noticeable
loss of transmission speed or quality, but as soon as we connect the same
access point in AP mode (and another end in client mode), we get massive
packet losses over the same link (with that cable).
Unfortunately, we can't mount the AP in a weatherproof case on the antenna
pole on one of our key omni locations.
This behaviour makes no sense to me.... anyone got any explanations, please?
Joe
Bendigo