[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Anyone know these people?

Abe Orchard abeorch at ozemail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:46:42 EST 2003

I actually suspect that the network wouldn't really benefit from such
highpoints because they would be more suited to a centralised network
structure.

I have been thinking about the fantastic town halls that are very nicely
placed around the city suburbs apart from looking really cool they have good
line of sight to each other. I noticed that some of them have communications
equipment (probably council stuff ) on them already.

Then there are schools and those beautiful housing commission towers that
could be very handy. I am planning to make sure that my node provides good
signal towards one of them them if anybody knows people in the ones facing
Church Street in Richmond let me know.

I think the way to do it would be to get the orgs that run these places to
operate a node themselves or for individuals to sponsor a node at these
sites rather than getting MW to organise anything officially. We need to do
a quick run around and see if we know anybody that works for the Housing
commission, education department or local councils.

I think the councils could really support the Melbourne wireless idea as I
have, in New Zealand, generally found them the most active and keen to get
involved in new ideas related to local communications systems and the least
worried about the possible downsides.

Abe