[MLB-WIRELESS] cat5 and sudeo poe

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Sat Apr 19 17:56:03 EST 2003

568A and 568B are simply differentiated by the green and orange pairs being
swapped.

The most commonly used system is 568A in Australia, but a lot of patch leads
coming out of Asia, etc are 568B.

Each pair (green, orange, blue, brown) have slightly different twist rates and
hence slightly different capacitance values.

For POE you don't want to touch pins 1, 2, 3, 6 as they are your tx and rx
pins.

Use the spare pins for POE - ie pins 4, 5, 7, 8.

To help reduce the resistance, you might want to pair up the spare conductors,
ie Positive DC = pins 4 & 5 (Blue and white/blue 568A) and Negative DC = pins
7 & 8 (Brown and white/brown)

Cheers,

Vaskos
--------