[MLB-WIRELESS] Interesting article...

Michael Carey mcarey4 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 18 09:37:42 EST 2003

Hi Everybody,
Welcome from beautiful sunny South Australia.
I found this article while looking through "The Advertiser" yesterday, 17th
April.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~michaelcarey/pics/visualblight.jpg
I seems that some people in in an Adelaide suburb have kicked up a stink
about some antennas that have "appeared" on an existing tower in their area
on 5th April. Take note that the tower was already there, they are upset
about the added "visual blight" and possible health risks.
Major phone carriers questioned say the equipment does not belong to them.
It might be hard to see it in the scan, but they look very much like three
WiFi waveguide antennas with rather thick cable feeding them.
The article also mentions a new ACA code which was introduced on 10th April,
which says that local councils and residents must be consulted on the
placement of antennas.  I am now off to the ACA web site for some
searching....
This code may have some implications for people wishing to erect antennas
for wireless network use.
Have a good Easter,
Michael.