[MLB-WIRELESS] reverse sma pigtail..

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Sat Apr 12 19:15:37 EST 2003

Hi Matthew,

Jaycar don't sell Reverse SMA connectors. You most likely bought a
standard SMA - take this back if you haven't already opened the
packaging.
A standard gender SMA is of no use to you.

Connectors are straight forward to assemble.

1) Place your ferrule over the cable
2) Strip the cable according to the manufacturers recommended lengths
3) Solder your centre pin onto the cable - make sure you don't apply too
much heat, otherwise you'll distort the centre dielectric/insulation
4) Take your crimp tool, slide the ferrule back towards the connector
and crimp.

Also note, use VERY short lengths of RG58 (less than 30cm), as the cable
wasn't designed for the frequencies we use it at (2.4Ghz) - any longer
and you risk losing a lof of your signal in the cable.

Alternatively, I and several other sell these pigtails. Check out the
TIB for the offers currently running.

Vaskos
---