[MLB-WIRELESS] DWL-900AP (not +) Bridge mode

Jason Hecker jhecker at www.wireless.org.au
Wed Apr 2 14:53:27 EST 2003

That's interesting.  A friend is running his in point to point bridge
mode.  He has found that the link goes down after a while and pinging
in the following will bring it back:

        bridge local IP
        bridge remote IP
        remote router IP

Do the Linksys versions of the firmware behave better or allow some sort
of power control?

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Ben Anderson wrote:

> I've had trouble after a few days in multipoint bridge mode..  I put in MAC
> filters to make sure it only listened to the other device, turned WEP off,
> and set the software to ping every 10 seconds (to prevent low-power mode),
> and it seems to work well.
>
> Ben.
>

> > Has anyone had any trouble with these in the point to point bridge mode
> > after the devices have been running for a while (ie a few weeks?)

> > with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the message

Cheers,
jASON
--== http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker ==--