[MLB-WIRELESS] Convert Ethernet device to wireless client with DWL-810

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Tue Sep 24 15:40:26 EST 2002

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Joe Hovel wrote:

> Maybe I'm daft - but isn't that what an access point is and does?
> What's the difference? I see that the price is also the same as
> their access points.... The DWL900AP is even cheaper... So why
> wouldn't you use one of these instead?

The D-Link AirPlus DWL-900AP+ will work in client mode only with another
DWL-900AP+.

The new DWL-810 will work in adhoc/client/bridge mode (I believe), but
only at 11Mbit. It should function with any AP.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----