[MLB-WIRELESS] enterasys + kismet?

KevinL darius at obsidian.com.au
Tue Sep 17 10:43:02 EST 2002

Turns out patching the pcmcia-cs drivers with the airsnort patch, plus
in my case upgrading from woody to unstable for a number of packages
(libpcap, tcpdump, libnet-perl, and related) got me to a point where
Wellenreiter will work - and it works well.  I've confirmed connectivity
between me and my "next hop to be" :)  Now just waiting for him to put
his antenna up...

I can recommend Wellenreiter - it's kind of a linux netstumbler
equivalent, has a scanning mode that shows up channels and what's on
them, works pretty well afaics.  Not perfect, but a good complement to
kismet and wavemon.

KJL