[MLB-WIRELESS] BreezeCom BreezeNet PRO.11 Ap-10 applicable?

Michael Weinbergs michael at online-admin.net.au
Sun Sep 15 18:24:43 EST 2002

I have a BreezeCom AP-10 in my "junk pile" and, separately, I have just
ordered some 802.11b cards to play with y'all (and do some work too of
course ;o)

The BreezeCom unit is currently faulty (ie. looks like the flash has been
erased (apparently someone tried upgrading and it failed halfway) and
undoubtedly will require the rom to be re-programmed) - it definantly did
work once before.
Looking at what google searches say about these AP-10's - they seem to be a
pretty well accepted unit (at max 3Mb) for 802.11
Specs:
http://www.alvarion.com/RunTime/Products_2030.asp?tNodeParam=21&fuf=24&type=
item

So:
1. 	Will this unit be of any use to me - I am happy to accept 3Mb links
for some of the uses I will have with wireless service. If 3Mb is the trade
off for not having to buy more equipment - I will accept. And especially
considering that an AP would be extremely useful to me (not withstanding the
external antennae and possible melbourne.wireless.org.au uses too) - it
would be LOVELY to utilise this unit with my 802.11b cards - but will the
two intercommunicate?? (still waiting on delivery)
Am I even able to use a 802.11b card to talk to the 802.3 AP? Are the two
compatible in any way or is 802.11b not backward compatible to this
platform?

2.	Is it worth the effort to fix it? (a January wedding defines that
funds are lacking to purchase an AP for myself right now)
I will need to reprogram the flash roms - anyone got a flash programmer that
would be able to do the job? I haven't started look at the unit yet (apart
from the usual "pull the case and have a poke"). Anyone got some experience
in programming these chips?
The specs of the rom:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/2144
5.pdf
chip type: 32 pin PLD
The flash code found at:
http://www.alvarion.com/RunTime/Support_10010.asp?tNodeParam=22

Can anyone help me?

Michael Weinbergs
Online-Admin
Melbourne, Australia
michael at online-admin.net.au
www.online-admin.net.au
As Online-Admin operate a paperless office, all documents are provided in
electronic form in accordance to our business practice. If you require a
paper version of this document, please contact helpdesk at online-admin.net.au
who will be more than happy to assist.

This e-mail may be signed for security reasons with a certificate provided
by Thawte Consulting. Please contact them for more information about their
"freemail" certificates.