[MLB-WIRELESS] Mobile phones in remote places.

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Tue Sep 10 09:57:35 EST 2002

Hi all,

Note 1:
as commented here, the hills are the problem.  The area is surrounded by
them (smack bang in the middle of the Pyrenees Ranges).  In an
encouraging way, the area is host to some well known vineyards,
Taltarni, Warrenmang, Dalwhynnie, Summerfields, Fiddlers Creek...  so I
guess there is some incentive there to get good mobile coverage...  we
shall have to see what a bit of business pressure can do...

Note 2:
If any one has any good ideas as to what to do with the 3G bandwidth, we
have a research project here exploring that area.  basically no one has
any idea.  I can only think of two apps, neither a killer...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC, RMIT University
paul at serc.rmit.edu.au